Monday, June 3, 2013

TR-6 Restoration (#5)




Cuz's email update is so good (and funny) that I will just quote it with minor edits:

"Here's a shot of bodywork grinding prep.  Actually it is a fashion and dermal art statement by Georgia workers of all types.  (Nice kid though.)  The good news is that that body has no rust: faster and cheaper.  I need cheaper because extra parts are blowing my budget.

"Like stub axles.  These seem to be a weak spot on TR-6's.  They have a history of stress cracks and actual failure.  Moss Motors has stronger ones.  Parts are in for the convertible top rebuild, along with a few light bulbs, solid steering arm bushings, and a new data plate.  This week I'll order a new clutch assembly, bearing and bushing sets, and paint (all budgeted).

"The data plate will force me to find the exact date of manufacture--sometime in November, 1971, I think.  [Mrs. Cuz] has settled on British Racing Green, honey-tan seats, door panels, and top, and black wool carpet.  BRG is not a 1972 color, but, what the heck, we'll put it on the data plate to add to the confusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment