Thursday, July 19, 2012

Killboy's Weekly Dragon Videos

I'm enjoying them.  Always something I didn't know.  This week he said July and August can be slow. That was news to me; my first trip was at the end of July last year and it seemed like there was plenty of traffic.  But then, there were 75-100 people at the DGMR around noon in March too: the weather was so good that bikers from the "tri-state area" might have taken a day or two off.

It was also a surprise that Killboy will address "working and playing well with others" in his next video.  There are plenty of rants posted to the comments section of his blog, but I haven't noticed tension on the Dragon itself.  On the other hand, the 07/18 highlights show more squids than I've seen in long time...  At least the picture quality was way up this week, from the past two.

As Killboy often says, it's no big deal to use a pullout to let someone by, or to build a gap for yourself.  In March we made eight passes, running pretty hard.  Traffic was light.  We only had to use a pullout once to build a gap.  We would have had to use one to clear for a Pontiac G-8 except that he left DGMR before us.  At Crud Corner he left us for dead.  He was on the way back from the Overlook as we approached it.  There weren't many sport bikes on the Gap in March.  Mostly cruisers, Harleys, and some motards.

You can see some tribalism at DGMR.  But that's natural and many of them might have ridden in together.  People wander the tarmac to look at other rides.  Seemed pretty mellow to me.  So was the conversation at the Overlook.  If there's a problem with "working and playing well with others," I haven't seen it yet myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment