Monday, August 19, 2013

The Local Cruise Night


I've mentioned that I'm about done with cruise nights.  Every town in Greater Chicagoland has them, all summer long, and mostly the same cars show up.  Another overdose of muscle cars?  Been there, done that.

But my own little town is starting them.  What do you call it when you're trying to get something off the ground when everyone else has already jumped the shark?  (A mixed metaphor!)  But this one was only five minutes away--why not check it out?  The car-count was small (maybe 15), but I snapped the most interesting ones.


A nice '34 Ford 3-window, satin black over gloss black.

Rear view.

My artsy "ZZ Top shot,"  a.k.a. underexposure.

My over-exposure shot.  It's really that salmon color popular in the '50's.  Single-headlight '57's are my favorite C-1's. 

It's registered, and driven, on a current plate.

I could quibble, and would, about poking a hole in the hood for dual quads, and running a "drag" wheel and tire
setup on a beautiful '57.  But it's hard to quarrel with the way he did the gauges.  And it's clearly hard to get
parts like window assemblies, door panels, and even exterior door handles when you're bringin' one back
from the dead.  So maybe I should put a sock in it.

Obligatory cruise night car, but nicely original.

More obligatory cruise night (same car): headers on a small-block.

Most customized S-197's, even milds, are not an improvement over stock.  This one is.

I'm not sure what I was looking at here.  It's a 4.6 SOHC, with, apparently, a Ford Racing "shaker" air cleaner.  That's a
lot of induction for a stock 4.6...

Fuzzy dice?  On a 2010 or later car?  Maybe they're an Approximate G-Meter?

No comments:

Post a Comment