Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby Blue But Bad To The Bone

No, this is not becoming a Mustang blogsite, in case you suspect me of bleeding Ford Blue or shoveling pony poop.  I just thought this car was interesting.  The owner of my dealership trades on his own account in collectible Mustangs.  This one was on the showroom floor in case you wanted to make him an offer, before he pushed it into the garage with his other toys.

It's a 2011 FR500CJ turn-key drag car, built by Strange Engineering under a contract with Ford.  I understand that Strange made 100 of them in 2010 and 2011.  They're for the NHRA Super Stock class.  5.4 liter 4-cam 32-valve, supercharged, about 850 h.p.  Reminds me of the Good Old Days of Super Duty 421 Pontiacs and Max Wedge Dodges and Plymouths.  But faster.

Here's a 1/8 mile video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRiaFAoMD0




I don't understand drag suspensions, but the Panhard Rod and rear anti-roll bar are adjustable.  And the anti-roll bar is connected to the trailing arms with an eccentric-shaped plate.  To provide adjustable pre-load to the axle?

No comments:

Post a Comment