Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Magnus Walker's 911's

Magnus Walker's 1972 911 STR, Pilote's favorite, photographed from a great angle.  

 Some of my most-read posts are about Porsches (not necessarily 911's).  I came across Walker and his cars in a Jay Leno's Garage video.  It was interesting enough to make me cruise Walker's website and watch the 30-minute film about him, Urban Outlaw, on YouTube.

So this post is a kind of public service for 911 freaks who (like me until recently) may not have discovered Walker.  "Outlaw" Porsches are fine with me.  But Walker's aesthetic doesn't appeal to me compared to Achim Anscheit's and some others.  Thus I don't link to him here.  If you're interested, Google the references above.  For those deep into this kind of pudding (as Tom Wolfe wrote in another context), see the video link in my 12/02/12 post "Stripped, Sweet, 911" and my 07/13/12 post "Thanks, Butzi," besides taking a look at Walker's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment